Megumi no Takane Shijou (恵みの四条貴音, the Grace of Takane Shijou) is an musical animated series about Takane Shijou, an aspiring instrument player and Azusa Miura, a painter known for her beautiful art pieces. The series takes place in Kyoto, the hometown of the two.
Takane Shijou was hired to be part of an orchestra, as a violinist. She performs for the first time in a concert, and does absolutely well. After the concert was over, a lady named Azusa Miura complimented Takane's violin playing skills. Azusa invites Takane to a tea party, which she didn't expect, but she went anyways. They become friends at the tea party. Azusa shows Takane some of her art pieces, which Takane marvelled at. Takane tells Azusa all about how she wants to become an artist as well, but can't do that well. Azusa and Takane agree to teach each other, and it blooms into a beautiful friendship.
- Takane Shijou (四条貴音) - The primary protagonist of the series, and the namesake of the series. She has always dreamed about playing an instrument, ever since she was a little child. She knows how to play the woodwind instruments, especially the flute, and knows to play the violin family instruments as well. However, her art is just decent, even when she tries her hardest. She is also known to be very smart, and has a love for ramen; no matter what kind it is. She is half-European, and half Japanese. She lives with a foster family, as she was adopted really early in her life. She is known for her wavy silver hair, which also has a lavender hue to it. Other identifying features are her flawless carmine eyes and her star headband.
- Azusa Miura (三浦あずさ) - The secondary protagonist of the series. She has been gifted in art since she was a child, and has been painting ever since she was little. She recently wanted to take up playing an instrument, when she wasn't painting. She picks up flute and violin lessons, since she found both of the instruments very beautiful. Even though she tries her hardest, she doesn't do that well. She was originally from Chiba, before moving to Kyoto for a new future. Her eyes are crimson, similar to Takane's eyes. Her hair is long and dark blue. Her hair has a cowlick, which has been passed down from her family for generations. She is usually seen wearing a formal dress.
- Ayumi Miura (三浦歩美) - The little sister of Azusa Miura. She is a little more easygoing than her big sister. She is very emotional and cries often. She is also an artist, who does just as well as her big sister does. She loves her big sister dearly, but is a little afraid of Takane Shijou. Like her sister, she has dark blue hair and a cowlick, but her hair is short, and her eyes are a bit bigger than her sister's.
- Megumi Watanabe (渡辺 恵海) - A girl who just turned into an adult, but still acts like a sweet child. Takane and her are really good friends, since they went to the same school together and shared many interests. She is known for her clarinet skills; she was first chair in her band, and currently first chair in their orchestra. Megumi is known for her chocolate-color ponytails, and her sky blue eyes. She is almost always seen with a hat on, no matter how crazy it can be...
- Akane Shijou (四条 赤音) - The little sister of Takane Shijou. She lives with her biological parents, and visits her big sister often. Unlike her sister, she has two pigtails, although she still wears a headband like her big sister's, although it's a different color. She is very brave and wild, and likes to mess with her big sister, and eventually Azusa Miura. She doesn't know what she wants to be in the future.
- Chihaya Kisaragi (如月 千早) - A cold and stoic girl, who lost her little brother a long time ago, with her parents divorcing as the end result. She is mostly antisocial and listens to music almost all the time. When she grows up, she wants to become a singer. She is known for her blue hair, similar to Azusa's, except it's more straight, her bangs are different, and there is no cowlick. Her eyes are hazel instead of crimson, and she is shorter. She wants to be as good as the rest, and this is why she idolizes Takane Shijou.
Her first name means noble (貴) and her last name means sound (音). Her last name means four (四) and article (条).
Her first name means red (赤) and her last name means sound (音). Her last name means four (四) and article (条).
Her first name is written in hiragana, but can be written in kanji too, with its meaning as catalpa (梓). Her last name means three (三) and inlet (浦).
Her first name means walk (歩) and beauty (美). Her last name means three (三) and inlet (浦).
Her first name means Grace (恵) and sea (海). Her last name means handing over (渡) and area (辺).
Her first name means thousand (千) and early (早). Her last name means like (如) and month/moon (月). Her last name can also be read as "February."
- Some people think Chihaya Kisaragi looks like Azusa Miura.
- Azusa Miura shares her first name with Azusa Tadokoro, the voice actor of Shizuka Mogami from the idolmaster million live, and Azusa Nakano, from K-ON, which are also musical franchises.
- Ayumi Miura shares her first name with Ayumi Tsukihama (one of Adelaide's characters), Ayumi Hamasaki (a singer), and many more.
- Chihaya Kisaragi shares her name with a font, Chihaya Jyun, which is also used by Adelaide for the font of Yayoi Takatsuki from the idolmaster.
- Although it isn't the same kanji, Megumi Watanabe shares her first name with Megumi Toda and Megumi Tokoro from the idolmaster million live.
- Akane can be compared to Akane Nonohara from the idolmaster million live, as they both have red hair, and they both have wild personalities.
- Ayumi Miura is also the name of something inappropriate. Refer to the Megumi no Takane Shijou wiki if you want to read info about Ayumi Miura. However, searching up Azusa Miura is completely safe.
- Despite Megumi's name being in the show title, she is a supporting character, and the wording is different (恵み instead of 恵海).